The Mission Call Arrived!

So my mission call finally came on Thursday, December 19, 2013 and it was such a wonderful day! I had so many mixed emotions and really couldn't believe it was finally here! When the mail came I ended up being home alone and that was pure torcher haha. I ran outside once I heard that mailman car speed on past my house. (I know that sound anywhere!) When I got to the mailbox, I could not believe it...everything was becoming so real. I snapped a picture, grabbed the mail, and skip-ran back inside my house. Halfway up my driveway I shout full of joy and attempt a heel click then look around me to see if any of my neighbors saw my craziness. Then the text messages flew to all my friends and family. "It's here!"

Yes, that is a layer of snow on top of my mailbox :p






My mom had walked in the door about a half hour later and I share with her my excitement. I take the big white envelope and place it in my room to keep it safe until 7:00 p.m., when I would be opening it. That time actually came quite quick for me as I was mostly extremely nervous now. We all sat down for dinner and my appetite kind of just left...haha I just couldn't eat, it was all too nerve racking! 6:30 p.m. rolls around and Cody's sweet and wonderful family all arrive! I was feeling so blessed to have so much support from all the people I love and care so much about. I was so grateful to have not only my own family, but my sweet missionary's family there too. I hope someday they know that all the support and love they give to me means so much to me and I really couldn't do all this without them. So having them all there made everything perfect and I knew that Cody was there in my heart.

Slicing that envelope open with my dad's pocket knife, holy cow, was so exciting, but I was completely shaking! Talk about adrenaline rush! It was open...it was time to read now...

"Dear Sister Eaton,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, April 9, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language."

Oh my goodness! Cold! Freezing! So much colder than here! haha
But I know this is where I am supposed to go! I know that there are people there that need this gospel in their lives and I am the one to open that door for them. Despite the cold, I am so excited to serve in Wisconsin and I know the Lord will bless my family and Cody and I so much! I am so excited to get out there and do what my sweet missionary is doing :) He is so cute haha he always will send me cute letters of pointers and advice for me as a sister missionary. I know that he cares for me so much and wants me to have such an amazing experience just like he is. I can't wait to share with each other all our stories and experiences. This next 18 months for us will definitely help us to become closer to God and grow stronger together and I love this ♥

I know first we both must focus on the work and I know we both will and have a huge desire too! But I must admit...21 months from now, I am really looking forward to coming down that escalator and seeing my best friend waiting there for me with his family and mine. That will mean the world to me and right now that would be the biggest miracle in my life. :)



"For I am God, and mine arm is not ashortened
and I will showbmiracles, csigns, and wonders,
 unto all those who dbelieve on my name." 

Wisconsin here I come! :)

Comments